Benefits of Regular Waxing
August 31 2019
As summer begins to wind to a close and we anticipate those cooler months ahead, many women start to cancel their waxing appointments – after all, bikini season is just about over. However, keeping up that waxing routine is important, because you can undo all your progress if you stop. Today, we’ll talk about the reasons to keep waxing, regardless of the season.
Smooth skin, all the time. Unlike shaving, which leaves you with uncomfortable stubble after a day or so, waxing leaves your skin smooth and soft for much longer. That’s because shaving cuts hair at the skin surface, so it’s easy to grow back quickly. With waxing, hair is removed at the root, so first the hair follicle needs to reform before the hair can grow again. Because of this, hair often grows back thinner and weaker.
No risk of nicks and cuts. One wrong move with a razor and you’re likely to get an unsightly cut that takes time to heal. With waxing, there are no nicks or cuts. In fact, waxing can make your skin healthier since it has an exfoliating effect, removing excess dirt and dead skin cells and helping to stimulate skin rejuvenation.
No irritation. Another option to shaving, hair removal creams and gels, but these can cause allergic reactions, rashes, and irritation. Waxing uses minimal ingredients, so irritation is very rare, and it’s a much more effective than many cream and gel products.
Long lasting. Waxing lasts between four to six weeks, much longer than shaving or any other hair removal option. With regular waxing, the process becomes easier over time as the hairs grow back finer, making them easier to remove.
If you’ve never waxed before, remember these tips for your first appointment:
- Don’t shave – you’ll need hair that’s at least one-quarter inch long to embed into the wax for removal
- Don’t use lotions or other products before your appointment
- Avoid treatments like tanning beds, saunas, and other hot treatments 24 hours before your appointment
- Take ibuprofen a half hour before your appointment if you are concerned about pain, but with a professional waxing, there’s less discomfort than you think
- Don’t miss appointments no matter what the season, and schedule them about once a month for best results
To try waxing for yourself, make an appointment at Utopia Salon & Day Spa today. Our professional estheticians will help remove your unwanted hair in a relaxed, comfortable environment. You can find us at 510 North East Avenue in Vineland, New Jersey or call 856-794-9200 to book your appointment, or try our mobile app to book appointments instantly. It’s available for free on iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon.
- Eyelash Perming- Lovely Lashes Without the Hassle
- Guys - Relieve Sore Muscles with a Sports Massage
- Wonderful Wet Hairstyles You'll Love for Busy Mornings
- Get the Curls of Your Dreams with a Modern Perm
- Relax and Rejuvenate with a Dead Sea Mud Massage
- Hot Hair Colors of 2020
- Give the Gift or Relaxation with Utopia Salon & Day Spa Gifts Cards
- Keep Waxing Through the Winter for Healthy Skin
- Hair Extensions to Bring Holiday Glam
- Gorgeous Updos for the Holiday Season
- Make Spa Day a Family Affair
- Skin Peels for Soft, Smooth, Healthy Skin
- Hair Color Trends for Fall
- Customizing Your Massage for the Ultimate Experience
- Benefits of Regular Waxing
- Tips for Building a Great Skincare Routine
- Say Goodbye to Frizz with Keratin Treatments
- Get Clear, Even-Toned, Younger Looking Skin with LED Photofacials
- How Professional, Monthly Facials Help Your Skin
- Get Beautiful, Shimmering Color with Hair Glossing
- Get Gorgeous, Well-Defined Lashes and Brows with Tinting
- Tips to Keep Your Hair Gorgeous Between Salon Visits
- Get Ready for Beach Weather Now with Waxing
- Get Gorgeous New Highlights for Spring with Balayage
- Relax Away Stress with Spa Treatments for Men
- Custom Spa Packages – the Perfect Gift for Special Occasions
- Book Instant Appointments and More on the Free Utopia Mobile App
- Professional Peels for a Customized Spa Facial
- Switch Up Your Style with Hair Extensions
- The Benefits of Professional Spa Manicures
- Fun Hair Color Ideas for 2019
- Pamper Yourself with Massage this Holiday Season
- Makeup Tips for the Colder Months Ahead
- Microdermabrasion for Smooth, Even Skin
- Weather Getting Cold? Keep Waxing!
- Instant Appointments and More on Our Free Mobile App!
- Caring for Your Color-Treated Hair
- Get Lush, Beautiful Lashes and Brows with Tinting
- Balayage: Highlights with Style
- Body Treatments for a Smooth, Slender You
- Professional Hair and Makeup for a Stress-Free Wedding
- Get Softer, Smoother Skin with Microdermabrasion
- Skin Peels: Effective Treatment for Damaged Skin
- Face It: The Incredible Benefits of Professional Facials
- Quick Summer Makeup Tips from the Pros
- Waxing – Show Off Your Legs This Summer
- Health Benefits of Professional Manicures and Pedicures
- Experience the Health Benefits of Massage