Get Ready for Beach Weather Now with Waxing
April 30 2019
It’s spring – and those fun days at the beach are just a couple of months away. Now is the time to get ready for bikini weather, and waxing is one of the best ways to get your legs looking smooth and silky. If you’ve been waxing all winter – perfect! Waxing works best when done regularly, without any shaving in between. If you’re like many of us, we’ve let things slide a bit, and it’s time to get rid of that winter stubble!
When you shave, it cuts the hair right at the surface, and hair follicles remain intact. That’s why it grows back so fast, because the root is healthy and strong and just keeps on growing. Waxing removes hair at the root, so before it can grow back, the follicle must grow back as well. This not only takes longer, but when hair does grow back, it’s finer and less noticeable than the hair it replaces.
With shaving, you risk nicks and cuts as you scrape the blade across the surface of your skin. These can cause some unsightly scars that take a long time to heal. With waxing, the process actually helps your skin by exfoliating the surface. Exfoliating removes dead skin cells and dirt that can clog your pores, make your skin look dull, and possible cause breakouts. Exfoliating also helps stimulate your skin’s natural rejuvenation process, stimulating collagen production and cell renewal.
Overall, waxing saves you time. While waxing is done at your professional spa and shaving is done at home, shaving must be done quite often. In fact, stubble can regrow in as little as two days. If you want things smooth and soft, you’ve got to keep up. Waxing is needed about once every two weeks, so in the long run, it’s faster. Also, getting some spa time has its own rewards, including getting in that “me time” to de-stress and unwind.
Waxing is the perfect way to prepare for bikini weather, but it’s also a great way to remove facial hair or any other unwanted hair. It’s quick, long-lasting, and great for your skin. Waxing is precise, allowing your esthetician to shape your brows perfectly, since only hair covered with wax is removed. Perfectly shaped brows are a time-saver every morning, letting you breeze through your makeup routine and get on with your day.
Haven’t tried waxing yet? Or are you due for your next waxing? Make an appointment at Utopia Salon & Day Spa today. Our professional estheticians will get you ready for that warmer weather ahead. You can find us at 510 North East Avenue in Vineland, New Jersey or call 856-794-9200 to book an appointment. Prefer to book and manage your Utopia appointments on your mobile device? Download our free mobile app on iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.
- Tips to Keep Your Hair Gorgeous Between Salon Visits
- Get Ready for Beach Weather Now with Waxing
- Get Gorgeous New Highlights for Spring with Balayage
- Relax Away Stress with Spa Treatments for Men
- Custom Spa Packages – the Perfect Gift for Special Occasions
- Book Instant Appointments and More on the Free Utopia Mobile App
- Professional Peels for a Customized Spa Facial
- Switch Up Your Style with Hair Extensions
- The Benefits of Professional Spa Manicures
- Fun Hair Color Ideas for 2019
- Pamper Yourself with Massage this Holiday Season
- Makeup Tips for the Colder Months Ahead
- Microdermabrasion for Smooth, Even Skin
- Weather Getting Cold? Keep Waxing!
- Instant Appointments and More on Our Free Mobile App!
- Caring for Your Color-Treated Hair
- Get Lush, Beautiful Lashes and Brows with Tinting
- Balayage: Highlights with Style
- Body Treatments for a Smooth, Slender You
- Professional Hair and Makeup for a Stress-Free Wedding
- Get Softer, Smoother Skin with Microdermabrasion
- Skin Peels: Effective Treatment for Damaged Skin
- Face It: The Incredible Benefits of Professional Facials
- Quick Summer Makeup Tips from the Pros
- Waxing – Show Off Your Legs This Summer
- Health Benefits of Professional Manicures and Pedicures
- Experience the Health Benefits of Massage