Guys - Relieve Sore Muscles with a Sports Massage
March 15 2020
Whether you are a weekend jogger, a professional athlete, or someone whose job is physically demanding, you’ve no doubt had to deal with overworked, pulled, or otherwise sore muscles and joints. Recovery takes time and can sometimes cause you to miss out on work or sit out the game. You can help speed up your recovery and relieve those sore muscles, or perhaps prevent them in the first place, with a sports massage.
Ease Pain from Injuries and Overuse
If you’ve already overdone it and caused a strain or sprain, sports massage can help you on the road to recovery. Massage can ease your pain by relieving tension in the tissues surrounding the injury. So rather than popping a pain reliever and waiting it out, let your massage therapist help work the soreness out of those overworked muscles.
Prevent Injuries and Soreness
It’s very important to prepare your body for a really demanding activity. Sports massage performed before your event works much like a pre-workout warm-up. By targeting key muscle groups, tendons, and joints to increase their range of motion and flexibility, injuries are usually avoided entirely.
There have been many studies on the benefits of massage. These studies have shown that as well as reducing muscle tension and pain benefits of massage may include: decreased blood pressure, improved sleep, decreased anxiety, increased flexibility and range of motion, improved healing of connective tissues, and decreased muscle spasms. If you are well-rested and relaxed you will perform better, whether at work or play.
When Should I Have a Sports Massage?
Our massage therapists can help you develop a schedule based on your unique needs and lifestyle. Most people do well with a massage either before or immediately after an especially grueling event, and then once every week or two for maintenance. Even if it’s only an occasional treat you can still reap many benefits from a sports massage.
If you’ve overdone it at the gym or have a big event coming up, schedule an appointment at Utopia Salon & Day Spa today. Our professional massage therapists can help you feel better sooner, or help you perform better without hurting yourself. You’ll find us at 510 North East Avenue in Vineland, New Jersey or call 856-794-9200 to book your appointment. To manage appointments on the go, download our free mobile app from iTunes or Google Play.
- Eyelash Perming- Lovely Lashes Without the Hassle
- Guys - Relieve Sore Muscles with a Sports Massage
- Wonderful Wet Hairstyles You'll Love for Busy Mornings
- Get the Curls of Your Dreams with a Modern Perm
- Relax and Rejuvenate with a Dead Sea Mud Massage
- Hot Hair Colors of 2020
- Give the Gift or Relaxation with Utopia Salon & Day Spa Gifts Cards
- Keep Waxing Through the Winter for Healthy Skin
- Hair Extensions to Bring Holiday Glam
- Gorgeous Updos for the Holiday Season
- Make Spa Day a Family Affair
- Skin Peels for Soft, Smooth, Healthy Skin
- Hair Color Trends for Fall
- Customizing Your Massage for the Ultimate Experience
- Benefits of Regular Waxing
- Tips for Building a Great Skincare Routine
- Say Goodbye to Frizz with Keratin Treatments
- Get Clear, Even-Toned, Younger Looking Skin with LED Photofacials
- How Professional, Monthly Facials Help Your Skin
- Get Beautiful, Shimmering Color with Hair Glossing
- Get Gorgeous, Well-Defined Lashes and Brows with Tinting
- Tips to Keep Your Hair Gorgeous Between Salon Visits
- Get Ready for Beach Weather Now with Waxing
- Get Gorgeous New Highlights for Spring with Balayage
- Relax Away Stress with Spa Treatments for Men
- Custom Spa Packages – the Perfect Gift for Special Occasions
- Book Instant Appointments and More on the Free Utopia Mobile App
- Professional Peels for a Customized Spa Facial
- Switch Up Your Style with Hair Extensions
- The Benefits of Professional Spa Manicures
- Fun Hair Color Ideas for 2019
- Pamper Yourself with Massage this Holiday Season
- Makeup Tips for the Colder Months Ahead
- Microdermabrasion for Smooth, Even Skin
- Weather Getting Cold? Keep Waxing!
- Instant Appointments and More on Our Free Mobile App!
- Caring for Your Color-Treated Hair
- Get Lush, Beautiful Lashes and Brows with Tinting
- Balayage: Highlights with Style
- Body Treatments for a Smooth, Slender You
- Professional Hair and Makeup for a Stress-Free Wedding
- Get Softer, Smoother Skin with Microdermabrasion
- Skin Peels: Effective Treatment for Damaged Skin
- Face It: The Incredible Benefits of Professional Facials
- Quick Summer Makeup Tips from the Pros
- Waxing – Show Off Your Legs This Summer
- Health Benefits of Professional Manicures and Pedicures
- Experience the Health Benefits of Massage