Keep Waxing Through the Winter for Healthy Skin
December 27 2019
You may think of waxing as a grooming treatment of summer, but there are many reasons for keeping up with waxes through the winter as well. Why bother when the weather forces you to cover up anyway? Because waxing is not just hair removal. Let’s look at how waxing can help your skin as well as a couple of other benefits to consider.
Healthy Glowing Skin - Frigid temperatures outside and dry heat indoors can leave your skin dull, dry and flaky. Waxing not only removes unwanted hair. It also removes this outer layer of dead dry skin cells. As a result, the smooth, supple skin underneath is revealed. This newly exfoliated skin will more readily absorb moisturizers to prevent dryness from returning. You’ll have glowing healthy skin all season long.
Slowed Hair Growth for Summer- It’s a fairly well-known fact that regular waxing slows hair regrowth. The longer you continue to wax the less often you need to do it. This is because waxing interrupts the hair growth cycle. If you stop waxing in the winter because you aren’t planning to don a bikini, your hair growth cycle will be reset. So when warm weather returns you will be back to square one needing to wax more often. Keep waxing through the winter, and you will continue to reap the rewards of slowed hair growth when it’s time to hit the beach.
Reduced Pain - Removing hair at the root weakens the hair follicles. This results in regrowth that is thinner and finer than before. These finer hairs are more brittle and easier to remove resulting in less pain. If you take a break the hair follicles have a chance to recover and by swimsuit season you will be facing a more painful waxing session.
Keep your skin soft and healthy this winter while getting a leg up on summer. Schedule your waxing appointment at Utopia Salon & Day Spa today. You can find us at 510 North East Avenue in Vineland, New Jersey or call 856-794-9200 to book your appointment. Manage your appointments on the go with our free mobile app, available for download on iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon.
- Hot Hair Colors of 2020
- Give the Gift or Relaxation with Utopia Salon & Day Spa Gifts Cards
- Keep Waxing Through the Winter for Healthy Skin
- Hair Extensions to Bring Holiday Glam
- Gorgeous Updos for the Holiday Season
- Make Spa Day a Family Affair
- Skin Peels for Soft, Smooth, Healthy Skin
- Hair Color Trends for Fall
- Try Our Free Mobile App for Instant Access to Utopia Salon & Day Spa
- Customizing Your Massage for the Ultimate Experience
- Benefits of Regular Waxing
- Tips for Building a Great Skincare Routine
- Say Goodbye to Frizz with Keratin Treatments
- Get Clear, Even-Toned, Younger Looking Skin with LED Photofacials
- How Professional, Monthly Facials Help Your Skin
- Get Beautiful, Shimmering Color with Hair Glossing
- Get Gorgeous, Well-Defined Lashes and Brows with Tinting
- Tips to Keep Your Hair Gorgeous Between Salon Visits
- Get Ready for Beach Weather Now with Waxing
- Get Gorgeous New Highlights for Spring with Balayage
- Relax Away Stress with Spa Treatments for Men
- Custom Spa Packages – the Perfect Gift for Special Occasions
- Book Instant Appointments and More on the Free Utopia Mobile App
- Professional Peels for a Customized Spa Facial
- Switch Up Your Style with Hair Extensions
- The Benefits of Professional Spa Manicures
- Fun Hair Color Ideas for 2019
- Pamper Yourself with Massage this Holiday Season
- Makeup Tips for the Colder Months Ahead
- Microdermabrasion for Smooth, Even Skin
- Weather Getting Cold? Keep Waxing!
- Instant Appointments and More on Our Free Mobile App!
- Caring for Your Color-Treated Hair
- Get Lush, Beautiful Lashes and Brows with Tinting
- Balayage: Highlights with Style
- Body Treatments for a Smooth, Slender You
- Professional Hair and Makeup for a Stress-Free Wedding
- Get Softer, Smoother Skin with Microdermabrasion
- Skin Peels: Effective Treatment for Damaged Skin
- Face It: The Incredible Benefits of Professional Facials
- Quick Summer Makeup Tips from the Pros
- Waxing – Show Off Your Legs This Summer
- Health Benefits of Professional Manicures and Pedicures
- Experience the Health Benefits of Massage