Makeup Tips for the Colder Months Ahead
November 29 2018
As the months turn colder, we’ve all brought out the warm winter wardrobe, but it’s also time to make some changes in your makeup routine. Both colors and techniques change when it’s colder outside, and here are some tips from the pros to be sure your makeup keeps up with the season.
Colder weather means dry, heated air, which can dry out your skin. Dry skin can leave your makeup looking cracked and rough, so moisturizing is a top priority during cold months. While warmer temperatures called for a light lotion, for the colder months, a thicker, more hydrating moisturizing cream does the trick. Don’t forget that damaging UV rays from the sun can get through even the cloudiest day, so be sure to choose a moisturizer that also contains sunscreen.
It’s also time to bring out the richer, darker colors for most of your makeup:
*For your lips, choose a deep, rich shade like burgundy or dark red-violet. For a fun, dramatic effect, try a darker shade lining your lips, with a lighter shade toward the center, finished up with lip gloss over the top for added shine.
*For the eyes, go with jewel-toned shadows or rich colors like cranberry or metallic greys and go with dark browns for your brows. For a trendy look, try emerald shadows or liners – or both, for a dramatic, smoky-eye look. To make your eyes look bright and awake, try a bit of white shadow in the inner corner of your eyes, right by your nose, and blend it in with the rest of your shadow.
*For cheeks, keep them looking rosy and healthy with pink blush, right on the upper cheekbones. If you like the look of your warm weather bronzer and want to bring it into the fall and winter, just switch up the color from a shimmer to a matte. Apply on all parts of the face that hit the sun – chin, forehead, and cheeks – for a glowing look.
Have some fun with the bold, rich colors of fall and winter, and experiment with some of the more dramatic tones for holiday parties and events. For a professional makeup application for that special occasion, or for a makeup consultation and lessons to see which shades and techniques are perfect for you, make an appointment today at Utopia Salon & Day Spa. Our professional makeup artists will help you look and feel your best every day and for all your special occasions. Find us at 510 North East Avenue in Vineland, New Jersey or call at 856-794-9200 to schedule an appointment. Prefer to instantly schedule an appointment yourself? Download our mobile app for free at the iTunes Store, on Google Play, or on Amazon
- Tips for Building a Great Skincare Routine
- Say Goodbye to Frizz with Keratin Treatments
- Get Clear, Even-Toned, Younger Looking Skin with LED Photofacials
- How Professional, Monthly Facials Help Your Skin
- Get Beautiful, Shimmering Color with Hair Glossing
- Get Gorgeous, Well-Defined Lashes and Brows with Tinting
- Tips to Keep Your Hair Gorgeous Between Salon Visits
- Get Ready for Beach Weather Now with Waxing
- Get Gorgeous New Highlights for Spring with Balayage
- Relax Away Stress with Spa Treatments for Men
- Custom Spa Packages – the Perfect Gift for Special Occasions
- Book Instant Appointments and More on the Free Utopia Mobile App
- Professional Peels for a Customized Spa Facial
- Switch Up Your Style with Hair Extensions
- The Benefits of Professional Spa Manicures
- Fun Hair Color Ideas for 2019
- Pamper Yourself with Massage this Holiday Season
- Makeup Tips for the Colder Months Ahead
- Microdermabrasion for Smooth, Even Skin
- Weather Getting Cold? Keep Waxing!
- Instant Appointments and More on Our Free Mobile App!
- Caring for Your Color-Treated Hair
- Get Lush, Beautiful Lashes and Brows with Tinting
- Balayage: Highlights with Style
- Body Treatments for a Smooth, Slender You
- Professional Hair and Makeup for a Stress-Free Wedding
- Get Softer, Smoother Skin with Microdermabrasion
- Skin Peels: Effective Treatment for Damaged Skin
- Face It: The Incredible Benefits of Professional Facials
- Quick Summer Makeup Tips from the Pros
- Waxing – Show Off Your Legs This Summer
- Health Benefits of Professional Manicures and Pedicures
- Experience the Health Benefits of Massage