Quick Summer Makeup Tips from the Pros
May 28 2018
As summer approaches, it’s time to take a look at our beauty routines and make sure we’re ready to beat the heat. Summer is the time for pool parties and beach vacations – and hot, humid weather that can cause your makeup to melt. Fortunately, the pros have some great makeup tips that can keep you looking cool when the weather is hot.
Foundation helps your makeup stay in place longer, but during the summer months it tends to run. Try using a tinted moisturizer instead (preferably one that includes sunscreen) for a smooth, easy finish.
If you need a concealer, remember that less is more. The more layers of makeup you apply, the more likely they will be to melt and run. Use concealer only where you absolutely need it.
Bronzer is your friend in the summer. It gives you that healthy, just-from-the-beach look that makes your skin glow. Try using it only where the sun would naturally shine on your face – on your forehead, the top of your cheeks, your nose, and your chin. This will give you a natural, sun-kissed look.
Ordinary creams tend to run, but powders can be worse when mixed with sweat. For your cheeks and eyes, try some of the new cream products with silicone to help your color stay in place. Use a primer for your eyelids before applying shadow to help it cling. And remember the less-is-more mantra: only apply color where you need it and avoid layering products. A healthy, natural look is perfect for all your summer fun events.
For your lashes, choose a good waterproof mascara. Thick, curled lashes are a must for summer to bring out the color in your eyes. Consider getting lash perming or tinting done to help your eyes stand out without the extra step of applying mascara.
Have a special occasion coming up, or just want to pamper yourself? Have your makeup done by the pros! Make an appointment today at Utopia Salon & Day Spa. Our well-trained, professional estheticians are dedicated to helping you look and feel your best every day. Find us at 510 North East Avenue in Vineland, New Jersey or call us at 856-794-9200 to schedule an appointment. Prefer to instantly schedule an appointment yourself? Download our free mobile app at the iTunes Store, Google Play, or on Amazon.
- Professional Peels for a Customized Spa Facial
- Switch Up Your Style with Hair Extensions
- The Benefits of Professional Spa Manicures
- Fun Hair Color Ideas for 2019
- Pamper Yourself with Massage this Holiday Season
- Makeup Tips for the Colder Months Ahead
- Microdermabrasion for Smooth, Even Skin
- Weather Getting Cold? Keep Waxing!
- Instant Appointments and More on Our Free Mobile App!
- Caring for Your Color-Treated Hair
- Get Lush, Beautiful Lashes and Brows with Tinting
- Balayage: Highlights with Style
- Body Treatments for a Smooth, Slender You
- Professional Hair and Makeup for a Stress-Free Wedding
- Get Softer, Smoother Skin with Microdermabrasion
- Skin Peels: Effective Treatment for Damaged Skin
- Face It: The Incredible Benefits of Professional Facials
- Quick Summer Makeup Tips from the Pros
- Waxing – Show Off Your Legs This Summer
- Health Benefits of Professional Manicures and Pedicures
- Experience the Health Benefits of Massage