Say Goodbye to Frizz with Keratin Treatments
July 30 2019
If you’re tired of fighting the frizz, a keratin treatment is a great way to get things under control. Keratin treatments are smoothing treatments that work to smooth, soften, protect, and straighten hair.
Keratin is a protein. It’s a part of your natural hair, and you lose some of it when your hair is damaged by heat or the environment. This leaves some gaps in the hair’s structure that leave it porous, and porous hair reacts to humidity by causing that frizz.
Keratin treatments fill those gaps and seal each hair strand, making it smoother, softer, and frizz-free.
Unlike relaxers, which chemically alter the structure of your hair to straighten curls, the smoothing and sealing action of a keratin treatment keeps your hair’s natural structure but, in most cases, relaxes curl so your hair is straighter but still retains that natural-looking movement.
Keratin treatments work for just about every hair type, color, and texture, although some people might experience a change in color. That’s because when hair is smoothed, the light reflects off hair strands differently, resulting in a slightly different tone. Keratin treatments will leave most hair looking silky and shiny, enhancing your hair’s color.
The duration of a keratin treatment varies based on the type of treatment. At Utopia, we offer an express treatment that lasts 4 to 6 weeks, a more intense treatment that lasts about 3 months, and even a shampoo-to-shampoo treatment for those special occasions when you really want your hair to look its best.
Once treated, hair feel soft and smooth. It’s easy to manage and style, and it’s frizz free, even in high-humidity conditions. Because it infuses a protein and other conditioning ingredients, keratin treatments can make damaged hair look silky soft and gorgeous.
Aftercare is easy and usually just requires using a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner formulated for your hair type. In most cases, there’s a wait time to shampoo, so plan your schedule so you’ve shampooed before your salon visit. You also may need to wait before styling in an updo, because the keratin needs time to set. Your stylist will explain how you can take care of your keratin treated hair so the effects last as long as possible.
Want silky-soft, frizz-free hair? Make an appointment for a keratin treatment today at Utopia Salon & Day Spa. Our professional stylists will help you beat the frizz and get soft, shiny, manageable hair. You can find us at 510 North East Avenue in Vineland, New Jersey or call 856-794-9200 to book your keratin treatment appointment. To manage appointments right on your mobile device, try our free mobile app, available on iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon.
- Eyelash Perming- Lovely Lashes Without the Hassle
- Guys - Relieve Sore Muscles with a Sports Massage
- Wonderful Wet Hairstyles You'll Love for Busy Mornings
- Get the Curls of Your Dreams with a Modern Perm
- Relax and Rejuvenate with a Dead Sea Mud Massage
- Hot Hair Colors of 2020
- Give the Gift or Relaxation with Utopia Salon & Day Spa Gifts Cards
- Keep Waxing Through the Winter for Healthy Skin
- Hair Extensions to Bring Holiday Glam
- Gorgeous Updos for the Holiday Season
- Make Spa Day a Family Affair
- Skin Peels for Soft, Smooth, Healthy Skin
- Hair Color Trends for Fall
- Customizing Your Massage for the Ultimate Experience
- Benefits of Regular Waxing
- Tips for Building a Great Skincare Routine
- Say Goodbye to Frizz with Keratin Treatments
- Get Clear, Even-Toned, Younger Looking Skin with LED Photofacials
- How Professional, Monthly Facials Help Your Skin
- Get Beautiful, Shimmering Color with Hair Glossing
- Get Gorgeous, Well-Defined Lashes and Brows with Tinting
- Tips to Keep Your Hair Gorgeous Between Salon Visits
- Get Ready for Beach Weather Now with Waxing
- Get Gorgeous New Highlights for Spring with Balayage
- Relax Away Stress with Spa Treatments for Men
- Custom Spa Packages – the Perfect Gift for Special Occasions
- Book Instant Appointments and More on the Free Utopia Mobile App
- Professional Peels for a Customized Spa Facial
- Switch Up Your Style with Hair Extensions
- The Benefits of Professional Spa Manicures
- Fun Hair Color Ideas for 2019
- Pamper Yourself with Massage this Holiday Season
- Makeup Tips for the Colder Months Ahead
- Microdermabrasion for Smooth, Even Skin
- Weather Getting Cold? Keep Waxing!
- Instant Appointments and More on Our Free Mobile App!
- Caring for Your Color-Treated Hair
- Get Lush, Beautiful Lashes and Brows with Tinting
- Balayage: Highlights with Style
- Body Treatments for a Smooth, Slender You
- Professional Hair and Makeup for a Stress-Free Wedding
- Get Softer, Smoother Skin with Microdermabrasion
- Skin Peels: Effective Treatment for Damaged Skin
- Face It: The Incredible Benefits of Professional Facials
- Quick Summer Makeup Tips from the Pros
- Waxing – Show Off Your Legs This Summer
- Health Benefits of Professional Manicures and Pedicures
- Experience the Health Benefits of Massage