Tips for Building a Great Skincare Routine
August 14 2019
We all know the basics – you wash your face every day for healthy skin, and healthy skin is the best foundation for your makeup. But after the cleansing, there are a ton of other products on the market for moisturizing, toning, adding vitamins, and much more. How do we sort through them all and decide what’s best four our skin? Today, we’ll give you some tips from the pros to help you when building a great skincare routine that works for you.
Identify your skin type. Before you know which products to use, you need to know your skin type. Is your face always dry, or does it tend to be oily? Does it seem to be oily in some places and dry in others? Do you have sensitive skin? If you’re not sure, ask your esthetician to assess your skin type. Once you understand your type, you can skip all the products for everything else and focus on those that are formulated for your skin type.
Know the basics. Overall, your basic skincare routine should consist of cleansing, toning, moisturizing, and nutrient infusion. All products you choose must be formulated for your skin type. Generally, oily skin needs oil-free, water-based products, and dry skin needs hydrating products.
Love your sunscreen. Sun protection is a must, even on cloudy days, when damaging UV rays can still pass through and penetrate your skin. Ideally, you’ll get your sunscreen protection along with your moisturizer or serum, so you can give your skin the best protection in the fewest steps.
Be consistent. Great results happen with time, and this is also true for your skincare routine. Once you have a routine, use it day and night consistently. Over time, you’ll notice the difference in the way your skin looks and feels.
Prepare for changes. Your skin changes as you mature, so understand that the products you choose now will change over time as your skin’s needs evolve. You’ll even need to make some changes for the seasons, with lighter products for warm weather and more intense protection needed for the winter.
Remember the serums for nutrient infusion. Today, we are fortunate to have several effective serums on the market that infuse vitamins, antioxidants, and other important nutrients to keep skin healthy. Read your labels and follow directions, since some nutrients are better when applied in the morning, and others work better by soaking in overnight.
Everybody needs moisture. Even oily skin needs proper, balanced moisture. It’s just a matter of choosing a moisturizer that doesn’t add excess oil to your skin. Keeping your cells hydrated can actually help reduce that excess oil production, which can be caused by skin that’s trying to keep itself moisturized.
Great skincare gives you healthy skin, the perfect foundation for gorgeous makeup. Need a professional makeup application for a special occasion? Make an appointment at Utopia Salon & Day Spa today for a professional makeup application, makeup lessons, or an express makeup application to get you looking your best in just a few minutes. You can find us at 510 North East Avenue in Vineland, New Jersey, or call 856-794-9200 to book your appointment, or download our free mobile app to book appointments from your mobile device, available on iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon.
- Hot Hair Colors of 2020
- Give the Gift or Relaxation with Utopia Salon & Day Spa Gifts Cards
- Keep Waxing Through the Winter for Healthy Skin
- Hair Extensions to Bring Holiday Glam
- Gorgeous Updos for the Holiday Season
- Make Spa Day a Family Affair
- Skin Peels for Soft, Smooth, Healthy Skin
- Hair Color Trends for Fall
- Try Our Free Mobile App for Instant Access to Utopia Salon & Day Spa
- Customizing Your Massage for the Ultimate Experience
- Benefits of Regular Waxing
- Tips for Building a Great Skincare Routine
- Say Goodbye to Frizz with Keratin Treatments
- Get Clear, Even-Toned, Younger Looking Skin with LED Photofacials
- How Professional, Monthly Facials Help Your Skin
- Get Beautiful, Shimmering Color with Hair Glossing
- Get Gorgeous, Well-Defined Lashes and Brows with Tinting
- Tips to Keep Your Hair Gorgeous Between Salon Visits
- Get Ready for Beach Weather Now with Waxing
- Get Gorgeous New Highlights for Spring with Balayage
- Relax Away Stress with Spa Treatments for Men
- Custom Spa Packages – the Perfect Gift for Special Occasions
- Book Instant Appointments and More on the Free Utopia Mobile App
- Professional Peels for a Customized Spa Facial
- Switch Up Your Style with Hair Extensions
- The Benefits of Professional Spa Manicures
- Fun Hair Color Ideas for 2019
- Pamper Yourself with Massage this Holiday Season
- Makeup Tips for the Colder Months Ahead
- Microdermabrasion for Smooth, Even Skin
- Weather Getting Cold? Keep Waxing!
- Instant Appointments and More on Our Free Mobile App!
- Caring for Your Color-Treated Hair
- Get Lush, Beautiful Lashes and Brows with Tinting
- Balayage: Highlights with Style
- Body Treatments for a Smooth, Slender You
- Professional Hair and Makeup for a Stress-Free Wedding
- Get Softer, Smoother Skin with Microdermabrasion
- Skin Peels: Effective Treatment for Damaged Skin
- Face It: The Incredible Benefits of Professional Facials
- Quick Summer Makeup Tips from the Pros
- Waxing – Show Off Your Legs This Summer
- Health Benefits of Professional Manicures and Pedicures
- Experience the Health Benefits of Massage