Tips to Keep Your Hair Gorgeous Between Salon Visits
May 15 2019
Everyone loves that feeling you get when you first walk out of the salon. Your hairstyle is perfect, the color shimmers in the sun, and your hair feels as soft as silk. You want to keep that feeling until your next salon visit – and with the right hair care, you can! Today, we’ve put together some tips from the pros for keeping your hair in its best condition between salon visits.
Wash infrequently. Shampoos can leave your hair dry by stripping away the natural oils your hair needs to stay soft and shiny. Most people wash too often, and it can take a toll on your hair. Try washing only two or three times a week to keep your hair healthy and soft. This tip is important no matter what your hair type. Use a dry shampoo on those in-between days to keep things feeling fresh.
Always condition. Conditioning is a must for every hair type. The trick is using the right product that’s formulated for your needs. Conditioner creates a protective barrier that keeps each hair strand from heat and environmental damage. The outer cells of damaged hair can separate, causing that frizzy, dry look and excess tangling. Conditioner holds it all together and makes your hair silky smooth.
Lower the heat. We all love hot showers, but that extra heat can damage your hair. When washing or conditioning, rinse your hair in the warm – or even cool – water instead of hot. If you use heated styling tools to put together your style, use a heat protectant first or, better yet, avoid the heat and go with an air-dry style. Using less heat is always better for your hair.
Masques and deep conditioners. Ask your stylist for the best moisturizing hair masques and conditioners to use in between visits. At-home products might work for some, but if your hair is exceptionally dry, you may need to come into the salon for a deep conditioning treatment. Conditioning is especially important for color-treated and processed hair. Your color will look its best when it reflects light, which is only possible if your hair is well-conditioned and shiny.
Professional products. Only use shampoos, conditioners, and other hair products recommended by your stylist. Grocery store brands often contain unnecessary ingredients that will dry out your hair and ruin your style and color investment. Use the same products the pros use for the best results. Your stylist knows your hair well and can provide the best recommendations for you.
Due for a gorgeous new hairstyle or color? Make an appointment at Utopia Salon & Day Spa today. Our professional stylists will help you select the perfect look for your individual style and personality! Find us at 510 North East Avenue in Vineland, New Jersey or call 856-794-9200 to book your appointment. To book and manage your Utopia appointments and more, right from your mobile device, download our free mobile app today on iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.
- Tips to Keep Your Hair Gorgeous Between Salon Visits
- Get Ready for Beach Weather Now with Waxing
- Get Gorgeous New Highlights for Spring with Balayage
- Relax Away Stress with Spa Treatments for Men
- Custom Spa Packages – the Perfect Gift for Special Occasions
- Book Instant Appointments and More on the Free Utopia Mobile App
- Professional Peels for a Customized Spa Facial
- Switch Up Your Style with Hair Extensions
- The Benefits of Professional Spa Manicures
- Fun Hair Color Ideas for 2019
- Pamper Yourself with Massage this Holiday Season
- Makeup Tips for the Colder Months Ahead
- Microdermabrasion for Smooth, Even Skin
- Weather Getting Cold? Keep Waxing!
- Instant Appointments and More on Our Free Mobile App!
- Caring for Your Color-Treated Hair
- Get Lush, Beautiful Lashes and Brows with Tinting
- Balayage: Highlights with Style
- Body Treatments for a Smooth, Slender You
- Professional Hair and Makeup for a Stress-Free Wedding
- Get Softer, Smoother Skin with Microdermabrasion
- Skin Peels: Effective Treatment for Damaged Skin
- Face It: The Incredible Benefits of Professional Facials
- Quick Summer Makeup Tips from the Pros
- Waxing – Show Off Your Legs This Summer
- Health Benefits of Professional Manicures and Pedicures
- Experience the Health Benefits of Massage